Driscoll asks 11 questions about ministry idolatry in particular:
1. Attendance idolatry: Does your joy change when your attendance does?
2. Gift idolatry: Do you feel that God needs you and uses you because you are so skilled?
3. Truth idolatry: Do you consider yourself more righteous than more simple Christians?
4. Fruit idolatry: Do you point to your success as evidence of God’s approval of you?
5. Method idolatry: Do you worship your method as your mediator?
6. Tradition idolatry: What traditions are you upholding that are thwarting the forward progress of the gospel?
7. Office idolatry: Are you motivated primarily by God’s glory or your title?
8. Success idolatry: Is winning what motivates you at the deepest level?
9. Ministry idolatry: Do you use the pressure of ministry to make you walk with God?
10. Innovative idolatry: Does it matter to you that your ministry be considered unique?
11. Leader idolatry: Who, other than Christ, are you imaging?