Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snickers Heaven

First, I need to confess that I used my little phone camera for these lovely pictures below. Should I have walked 20 more feet and grabbed my normal camera...yep. But, I didn't. And I certainly am not going to go through the effort of making cookies 3 days later just to take pictures. Although, all the cookies are gone, so maybe I should reconsider.

My husband affectionately refers to these peanut butter chocolate gems as "God's cookies".


These are fun to make because little hands can help and it makes an obscene amount at one time. So, make a batch and stick half of them in the freezer for that untimely knock at your door.



Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
"God's Cookies"

1 c. softened butter
2 t. vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
3 eggs
1 c. peanut butter






See, you just have to dump the wet ingredients in a bowl and stir. That photo above is a quintessential picture of "dumping".






3. cups white flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder


I like to stir using chopsticks, but please feel free to be normal and use a spoon.






I am going to refrain from using the word 'dump' again when talking about this picture because it will make you loose your appetite. Gingerly pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix together. At this point, call in your youngest son and have him stick his hands in and mix it together. It's much easier to do with your hands. The dough is fairly sticky.





Take 6-7 normal sized Snickers bars and cut them into small quarter sized pieces. You can also buy the mini Snickers and avoid cutting all together. Who wants to burn the extra calories cutting anyway?






This is what I see when I cook. And I was so captivated by the old women dancing with the pink fans that I forgot to take the next picture. But, you take about a small eggs worth of the dough and roll it into a ball. Smoosh the center of the ball and stick in a piece of Snickers. Wrap the dough around the Snickers, forming a ball. So, it's as if the Snickers is the yolk of the egg and the egg white is the dough. Does that make sense?






They will flatten out nicely, so leave plenty of space between cookies. 350 degrees and about 15 minutes later, you've got these bad boys.





They are so good right out of the oven. So take one or two or seven, sit down with a good cup of coffee and vow to start your diet on Monday.

(I wrote this recipe from memory, which tells me that I have made them entirely too many times. I did check the recipe to make sure, but alas it was spot on. I'm not sure if I should boast or be shamed)




Snickers Cookies

yields 40 or so, but you can make these smaller or larger depending on how many teenage boys will be eating them.

Combine in a large bowl:

1 c. softened butter
2 t. vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
3 eggs
1 c. peanut butter-I use chunky, but creamy will do just fine too.



Combine in smaller bowl:

3. cups white flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder


Cut 6-7 normal sized Snickers into quarter sized pieces and put aside.

Pour dry ingredients into wet ones and mix. Once the dough has formed a ball, separate into small egg sized balls. Press down in the middle and place a Snickers piece into the center. Wrap the dough around the Snickers so that it's buried in the center. Place on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...