Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trust the Sunrise


This is my friend.

Her name is Donna.

You know when you've got these friends that stick with you. Even when you move your family to crazy places like China. And do crazy things like text them your favorite lyrics in "Humpty Dance" while they are leading worship for thousands of people. These are the kind of friends that you want to bottle up to remind you on "those" days that you are loved and not forgotten. Especially when you live overseas. Those friends seem to be few and far between sometimes.


My sister and I just got back from a great night of worship with my friend, Donna. Her heart is connecting girls. Connecting them to a Savior who listens. A Savior who pursues. She wants girls to see themselves as daughters of a King who is infinitely more loving than any earthly father. Her and her husband are faithful ministers to college students in a ministry called Breakaway. Click and listen to him proclaim truth on a weekly basis. It's awesome.

When you get done reading, head over to iTunes and download her album. It's called "Trust the Sunrise:"

This album is filled with Joy, Hope and Jesus. And unfortunately, these have become rare concepts in some Christian music.

Wait, did I say that out loud? Yes....yes I did. She often receives an earful of confusion to me on why "Christian" musicians sing about trivial things. Jesus gives us so much more to sing about. See, I told you, it's usually an earful from me on this topic.

Anyway, her life and her journey are an encouragement to me and my family. We met each other almost a decade ago. We were punks. But thank you Jesus, we are striving together in Godliness. Pursuing holiness. And encouraging each other in our wifeness.

And one day, I'm sure she will call to ask me to sing back up. I'm just sure of it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...