Friday, August 20, 2010

Kesed's (almost) 3rd Birthday!

Kesed doesn't officially turn three until Sept. 19th. But that didn't stop me from having a joint birthday party for him on July 29th. You see, about 2 years ago, I decided to boycott big birthday parties. I saw that they were becoming more about me validating my worth as a creative, hip mom who could build these enormous cakes and meet all the birthday fantasies that my 4 year old could dream up. It got too overwhelming, so I announced my resignation. Now, we just do small family gatherings and our own traditions that come along with the occasion. And with 5 kids, I'd be doing parties every 2 weeks.

BUT, this year we got to go to a place called "Incredible Pizza" to celebrate Kesed's 3rd birthday! You know that if there are a line of high chairs in the front of the restaurant, it's going to be a perfect place for our family.





He's a very determined (albeit stubborn at times) little guy, so he spent the entire time in the little kid's area rotating between three rides.




It was so much fun to see him having fun. We rode go carts, ate pizza and ice cream, rode trains and opened gifts. It really was a blast to have cousins to celebrate with.






And he got a new "Ooo Ooo Eee Eee". He laughed and laughed the entire night. His laugh is the greatest and makes me smile. Lots.






Our little buddy has been such a joy. He's funny, thoughtful, caring, independent, determined, and a great brother. We love you, little bud!

Taking his sister for a ride on "his" train.






I'm sure we'll hit this place again before we return home. But, I'm glad that we got to celebrate with our family. And in just a few weeks, he will actually be 3!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...