Friday, September 25, 2009

The lamb that was slain...next to my kids' kindergarten.




So apparently Thursdays are "get live sheep delivered, break their necks, drain their blood in a roadside drain, skin them, and cook them for customers" Day. For the last 2 Thursdays, as I am picking up three of my children from school, I have passed the hog tied, bleating sheep. And then on the way out of school, we pass by the bloody, decapitated mess that is lying right on the street where we pass by.

I know that this is really common in most parts of the world and has been normal life for thousands of years. But honestly, for this city girl, it grosses me out and I want to cry. Seeing their heads half disconnected from their necks and laying lifeless over a drain just makes me want to become a life long vegetarian.

Of course my oldest son thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread (which actually isn't that cool by the way.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...