Saturday, February 04, 2012

Commitment Issues

I'm finishing up my final edits on my book and then I'll be done. As I sit here at Buddy's Internet in Thailand, I feel uneasy at the finality of writing a book. The nauseated feeling might also be related to the skinny guy near me that is wearing pumas and looking at inappropriate pictures at a public internet bar.

But let's pretend my uneasiness is based in my inability to commit to permanency. Those of you close to me are going to roll your eyes because you've heard this diatribe a few hundred times. It makes me nervous to have something out in black and white. Something out there that sits on it's own and doesn't give me a forum to sit over coffee and explain myself.

I'm going to wrap things up today and then the publishers will finish their part. The book should be ready in a couple of weeks. I'm going to post soon on what the premise is.

For now I'm trying to forget that my 10-year old daughter just used the "F" word in public because she read it on a wall. Between explaining transvestites and English curse words this has been a very cultural week.

If you want to follow along, I've set up an author fb page under "Carrie Anne Hudson"or on Twitter at @carrieahudson.

There ya go.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...