Friday, December 11, 2009

Makaria's stocking

Do I know how to sew? Nope, not at all. But I realized that I didn't have a stocking for Makaria yet, so my gears started turning. "I could make a stocking. That seems easy enough."

One of my goals in life is to do things as cheaply and frugally as possible. The only thing I had to buy was more thread once my red ran out.

I cut out an old towel for the filler. And then used old sheets for the red and green. Then, I just started sewing. I really didn't know where I was going with it.




I like how it turned out. I wanted to keep the 'homemade' look to it. And it was a good thing because I didn't know how to fix the little imperfections anyway.



'Joi' is Makaria's middle name and also an important word of worship during Christmas. I was laughing at myself at how ghetto my process was for making this. I have dreams of being a stellar seamstress one day, following in my Grandmother's footsteps. Stellar I am not. My brain usually comes up with things that I have no skill at all for doing (that's a life issue for me). But it was fun and I'm pleased with the outcome.




I wouldn't say the process was easy, but it was really fun. I've discovered about myself that I have to have some type of creative outlet or I start getting antsy. So this was it for the last couple of days.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...