Sunday, August 09, 2009

2000 - 2002

Testimony time (Brad)....

For most people who read our blog, this post won't relate to you. After college, we had our "first church" experience, where we worked at an unhealthy church--lots of infighting, plenty of people who didn't believe the Bible, etc... Of course, some people were good, but in the end, it drained us emotionally.

After we left, from 2000-2002, I became very bitter. I took it on as my role to "correct" the Christians I knew. My arrogance and anger alienated a lot of people. While the content of much of what I said was right, my tone was foul.

In 2003, The Lord changed my heart and I repented. My grief over the way I had mistreated people was deep. I realized last week how much my sorrow over the sin of that period still affects me. I assume I offend "everyone". I frequently live out of errant self-perceptions. Consequently, that lack of freedom emerging from genuine sadness over sin perpetuates certain bad habits.

For those who know me (Brad) during that time, whom I did not treat with respect and love, please forgive me. I was reminded this morning of these things as I reflected on a dear friend whom I hurt (but who graciously forgave me years ago).

With this testimony, I affirm with Paul, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life." (1 Timothy 1:15-16)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...