To try and counteract my frustration blog of a few days ago, today I came up with some 'Simple Pleasures' I get to have by living here. It's good timing, because my husband is gone this week and returns for 24 hours and leaves for a few more days, so trying to stay positive is a good thing. Actually, my time with the kids has been great. Ok, ok, I'll call this one 'Simple Pleasures of the Motherland':
1. Buying strawberries that were literally picked that morning. And then paying $2 for 2 pounds.
2. Watching my kids play outside with friends.
3. Listening to my kids build boats out of yogurt boxes because their toy supply is limited. Their creativity has been a blessing to watch.
4. Eating vegetables at almost every meal.
5. Having the store ladies tell me I'm too skinny. :) I think they expect me to be huge because of the 4 kid thing.
6. Buying food, socks, plungers, and blankets, all from street vendors.
7. Flying kites in the Spring time.
8. Surprising people when they discover I can speak Chinese. Sometimes I wait to reveal this information so that I can eavesdrop.
9. Breaking the stereotypes of what they think of as 'American'.
10. Hosting these 4 sweet girls everyday during their rest from school. And occasionally a random grandma and her grandkid.
Many days are hard, but I wouldn't trade anything (ok, maybe there are a few things :) ). He is Good.