Friday, April 25, 2008

Na, I won't kill you...

So I'm gone this week. And I just read our blog and actually was encouraged by Brad's blog. The fact that he can be at home with all 4 kids by himself and still even fathom another kid, was fun news. We'd actually love to adopt at some point in the future. Who knows?!

So it's been weird being gone. People have said "are you loving being gone and being without kids for a little bit?" And actually, while it's been nice to travel, I feel off kilter. My world is never about JUST me, so now that it is for a week, I'm not sure what to do with myself. And I love being wife, mom, diaper changer, chef. I love that role and I love all the ups and downs my life brings. I will be going back home tomorrow and I'm pumped.

I've also realized lately that the students that are now graduating from college, could have been kids I baby sat. I'm starting to really feel the chasm between me and single people. I love single people, but I'm just so far removed from their world.

That's it for now. I'll be home tomorrow. Oh ya, if you think of us, pray for my sis. She's due with baby #3 any day now!!!


ps: as I write this, I'm eating carrot cake and drinking a caffe latte, so life's not too bad!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...