Friday, July 06, 2012

Makaria's 4th Birthday

I haven't felt like blogging. I think I've said good-bye too many times this month because I just feel like laying in bed, eating cantaloupe, and trying to remember all the lyrics to "We Didn't Start the Fire." None of those things are blog inspiring. But, my sweet 4 year-old is.



Her birthday is actually today, but we told her it was last week because several people dear to us would be gone on her actual birthday. One of those people being her dad. I hope you appreciate the Cinderella cake I mustered up. I think she looks lovely dancing atop the dragon fruit and kiwi lagoon. Let's just Jesus for bakeries.




We sang, threw the deuce, and totally ruined lunch for the Makaria's entire class at her Chinese school. 


Here are her wonderful teachers. It's tradition for the birthday girl to give the class some type of treat afterwards. We opted for the lollipop variety (which is a fantastic word when said in Chinese).


As we went around the table during her birthday meal, these are just a few of the things that were said that we love about her: This girl is still so joyful, funny, and a delight to be around. She sings, dances, and loves her siblings well. She has an infectious smile and is compassionate to the core.


Birthday girl got to pick her dinner. She chose pancakes and baozi (A meat filled bread. Notice I bought the ones that looked like a pig. Classy.)

Her Gotcha Day is actually also her birthday! So Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day Makaria! I cannot believe she has been a part of our family for 3 years now. 

We love you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...