Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Charis' Cast is Off!

Here's my girl finally getting her cast off! I waited to post the pictures because I honestly thought she would fall soon after and we'd have to start the process all over again. 




It might have something to do with this picture that I found on my son's camera of his sister scooting herself along on a rip stick while dangling her cast off the side. 


She sat while the bucket of water helped to disintegrate her cast. The doctor put this type of cast on because she panicked while receiving the sleeping gas. What ensued was something straight out of WWF days. She tried to pile drive a nurse, take the doctor against the ropes, and round house kick the anesthesia machine. After all of this, the doctor concluded that a synthetic cast, requiring a saw to get it off, was simply out of the question. Smart man. 



Super proud of this girl for persevering and hanging in there for 2 months. She even did homeschool everyday with her left hand. But I will say that it is nice to have that thing off. And yes, we will be holding off on real rip sticking for awhile. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...