Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Makaria's 3rd Birthday



My girl turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. 



This was the picture where we first laid eyes on our sweet girl. That was 2 years ago.  She now looks at this picture and tells me, "I was sitting there waiting for you."  She really does say that to me, it's not just a line. She easily could have said "Look at my big tummy!" But, she doesn't.  And that makes me smile and get a little weepy.  Not gonna lie.



We did a little party at her Chinese school after waking up to signs and cards given to her by the rest of us.  


She had a Mei Yang Yang (pretty goat) cake.  She is a famous cartoon character here.  She's really is not that into cartoons, but the bakery has limited skills.  I ordered the cake the day before and we spent the next 24 hours telling reminding her how much she loves Mei Yang Yang.


Those eyes are going to get her in trouble one day.  Or at the very least, give her whatever her little heart desires. 




At dinner, we had spaghetti and french bread.  We all told her the wonderful things we love about her.  A few of them were:

full of joy
easily contented
silly and loves to have fun
compassionate
empathetic





Her teachers say she is using lots of Chinese now, but is still pretty quiet in class.  She is normally pretty laid back and quiet until she gets comfortable and then there's no going back. She dances and sings all day long, in both English and Chinese.  


Brad, Selah and I went to school and sang with her friends who wished her a Happy Birthday!
I cannot believe it's been 2 years.  I cannot believe we had a life without her.  

Love you sweet girl.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...