Thursday, June 23, 2011

My inheritance

A.W. Tozer wrote, "The man who has God for his treasure has all things in one.  Many ordinary treasures may be denied him, or if he is allowed to have them, the enjoyment of them will be so tempered that they will never be necessary to his happiness.  Or if he must see them go, one after one, he will scarcely feel a sense of loss, for having the Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight."

The Lord has been gracious to me this week and given me unspeakable joy in Him.  As I was talking with a friend last night in my kitchen, I was reminded of this gift from the Lord.  It truly is a gift because as I'm rounding out week 2 of hubs being gone, I am also finishing up a week that brought me:

loss of electricity
broken internet
a wanky air conditioner
a broken stove
and a househelper that is out sick (I will say that I could NOT do life here with 5 kids without her help)

But in all these things, I am reminded that I've been given an inheritance from the Lord that should outweigh all the inconveniences in my day.  That, and that alone, is the only truth that will sustain my joy today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...