Monday, June 04, 2012

Peanut Butter Frosting and My Issue with Chocolate Chips

Our friend has a birthday today. He told me that if these cupcakes weren't a part of his birthday meal, then he would break up with our family. Someone had sent us a box of Duncan Hines Double Chocolate Fudge cake mix. Boxed cake mixes are akin to buying a wedding dress in our little China world.

You caudal it, stare at it, and dream about the day you will get to use it. 




Today was that day. I added three simple ingredients, stirred, and popped those bad boys in the oven. Oh how I miss the land of processed foods sometimes. 

It was at this point that I chopped up some Dove chocolate. Chocolate chips are a rare find here, so I just chop up some chocolate and make chunks. I'm actually more of a chocolate chunks girl anyway. 

Chips feel like the prepubescent version of the Chunk. 




Then I threw together this recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting

1 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter
4 c powdered sugar
1/3 c cream
(I used whole milk because cream cost half a billion dollars here)


I don't own a mixer, so I had to borrow one. This is the non-China friendly element to this recipe. I tried using a blender and it just looked like mush. You can stir it, the mixture just isn't quite as fluffy and your boys will tell you that it looks like poop.

Yes, literal poop. 

Here's the instructions from allrecipes (aka my go to gal for recipes):
  1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner's sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream. Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost one 2 layer 9 inch cake or one 9x13 inch cake.



This is a super easy frosting and I will tell you that people have named their children after me when I brought these to an Easter party. They are super good. At the end of frosting the cupcakes, I threw on some chocolate chunks. 

Not chips, but full bodied chunks.

Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...