The funny thing about the new year is that it's really just the next day. Friday turned to Saturday, just like it does the rest of the year. But because the ticker moved from 2010 to 2011, it adds weight and power to the change. These are a few questions that I found here to ask ourselves at the beginning of a new year.
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
I'm going to try and go through these over the next few days in my morning time with Jesus. Good questions to get me thinking for this year.
Happy New Year!