Saturday, February 13, 2010

Whitney Houston and Pampers



You know what that is? It's the last bag of diapers I'm going to buy. We've decided to start potty training Makaria. I know it seems a little early because she's only 19 months old. But I think she's actually a few months older than that and she's showing signs of being ready. But let's be honest, I'm also tired of changing diapers. It's been 8 years straight that I've been changing those things. I'm feeling very empowered at the moment. We just started 2 days ago, but we've already seen a ton of success. And we really aren't being very consistent with it. But she's sitting on her duck potty all by herself and going. So we're seizing the day. "Carpe Diem!"

I was further empowered today while in the grocery store. It was there that I decided I'm going to declare that I have bought my last bag of diapers. It's risky I'll tell ya. As I was swept into a wave of doubt at the mission in which we've embarked, I was seized by a Whitney Houston song. It was this same song that I listened to on my tape player before my gymnastics meets when I was a wee little one. I would listen to "The Greatest Love of All" over and over again until I felt like I could make the judges want to name an acrobatic move after me. All of the sudden, as if angels were descending upon the cracker isle, Whitney began to sing to me: "I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way..." It was at that very moment that I knew that Makaria could indeed succeed in my "last diaper bag" pact I've made. Because Miss Houston has declared it.

So I'm left with only one bag of diapers and one box of wipies standing in my way to finding victory and because "I've decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows. And if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe."



(as an epilogue to my little moment in the grocery store, 2 songs later I heard "Doe, a deer, a female deer. Ray, a drop of golden sun...")
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...