Wednesday, January 06, 2010

THE photo shoot

About two weeks ago, I heard a knock at the door. It was my friend who has been stalking me for about 6 months now. She works at a modeling agency in our same building and has been wanting to take pictures of our kids for a long time. I've done the "I'm really busy right now." and the "I need to talk to my husband first." Seriously, I've run into this girl at the store, on the street, the elevator, and then staring me face to face at my front door. When she came in, I told her I was busy at the moment and she said "you've been busy for 6 months already!" So I told her that I needed to talk with my husband first. She replied "you've had 6 months to talk to your husband!"

I was stuck.

I knew I was going to need to do this photo shoot. So, we wrapped up home school with Selah and I took her and Makaria up to the 19th floor to see what was in store for us. I didn't know any specifics, just that she wanted us to come upstairs and take pictures for free that we could keep.



We walked in and she told me that next time we should wear more fashionable clothing. "Oh," I thought, "you have no idea what kind of clientele you've got on your hands here." They wanted me to take some pictures, but modeling is just not my thing. And I'll tell you that my 8 year old was a little too good at it for her mom's liking. The lady asked me if I had taught her these moves that Selah was giving the camera. And if you know me at all, the question will make you snicker. Teaching my 8 year old how to model just didn't make the home schooling cut. All of these are her own home grown moves.






















There are a few more pictures with me in them, but I'm not posting them. Nope...just not gonna post them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...