You tired of my Turn off your phone day posts? Well, today I'm brainstorming some ideas of activities to do together. Now, I'm in China and we are limited in the things we can do for recreation. I'll try and think of general things that can be done in most countries. Ours will just likely involve rice. The goal is that on Dec. 1st, you sit across for someone and talk to them. That does not include watching a movie together, checking Pinterest recipes, or editing photos. We are talking old fashioned question asking.
1. Grab coffee or tea.
2. Invite them over to your home for lunch, dinner, desert.
3. Bake a pie or cookies together.
4. Take a long walk and turn down a street you've never been down before. Get lost for awhile.
5. Take the afternoon off and go ice skating or bowling or something that makes you feel like you are in junior high again.
6. Play a board game or cards.
7. Sit on the floor and make a lego castle or do a puzzle.
8. Go to Target and buy toys to pack up for a Christmas charity.
9. Go to the lake, a pond, the ocean, a large ditch, and skip rocks while you chat.
10. Grab dinner at a restaurant you've never been to before. Try a different culture food than you are used to having.
If you've got littles, make this the day that you play that game of Dora Candy Land or you dress up like a pirate and sword fight. Make this the day that you don't say, "Not right now." Or "I'm busy, how about later?"
This is the day that you will look at your child and say, "Yes, I'd love to!"