Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Elyse Fitzpatrick's "Because He Loves Me"


 Elyse Fitzpatrick's "Because He Loves Me" was a wonderful reminder of the gospel for me.  I spent time in it each morning and felt my heart's affections being renewed as I remembered what was accomplished through the cross.  

The question that challenged me each day as I engaged her writing, was 

"In my pursuit of godliness, have I lost Jesus?"

This was convicting as I find myself in constant motion in my walk with the Lord.  I am always looking to do and improve, but very seldom am I saturated in the gospel message.  I want to pursue Jesus to the same degree that I pursue being patient with my kids or loving to my neighbors.  Non-Christians can purpose to do good things.  I can only do good things when I realize my motivations have been redeemed by a Savior who looked at me and called me His daughter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...