Monday, March 09, 2009

Why don't I just rest?

In Exodus 16, God is so frustrated with the Israelites.  He gave them 2 days worth of food so that they could rest on the Sabbath.  But the some of the Israelites decided to go out and gather food.  God had ALREADY supplied their needs, yet they went on searching for more.  Why do we feel the compulsion to keep searching when God has already supplied what we need?  What do we think we’re going to find?!

 

So I’ve been searching my heart for the areas of my life where I am frantically searching for something.  What am I searching for? 

 

Is it:


Answers to prayers?

Plans for my future?

Purpose in life?

Validation?

 

Whatever it is, I do know one thing:  He has already abundantly supplied for my needs….I am only to rest. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...