Tuesday, October 02, 2007

31

So I've officially broken the youth barrier and am comfortably sitting in the world of 30. Never in my "where do you see yourself in 10 years" high school questioning, did I see me as a homeschooling mother of 4 who just gave birth in Thailand and was waiting to return back to her home...in CHINA. Funny how the Lord works. But life is good and I wouldn't want it any other way.









My sweet husband had some friends watch our kids while he took me out on Sunday for the ol' birthday. We ate at Mike's...a hamburger joint filled with anti-Bush cartoons and edgy humor, but the best onion rings we've had. Either hemisphere. So we downed some burgers, fries and onion rings with a diet coke on ICE! That's one thing I miss from TX is the vastly oversized drinks and tons of ice.





Then we strolled through the Sunday night market. I love outdoor markets, to smell the foods of vendors and incense from nearby temples, watch the sellers try and make a buck, listen to the street performers....perfect. I also got to buy my birthday gift there: 2 beautiful skirts and two necklaces, all for a total of 8 bucks.




Then it's off to Starbucks....the real Motherland. It's a 3 floor Starbucks by the way. And here's the best of it: I had to wait for a decaf and the manager felt bad so she brought us a free green tea frappacino and 2 coupons for free drinks another time. It was a wonderful night spent with my two boys: Brad and Kesed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...