Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy today by thinking about tomorrow?

That which will satisfy us the most in the future will most fixate us in the present, to enjoy what is today.

By contrast, what is illusory, promising what it cannot deliver, never satisfying as I hope, will inevitably force my eyes forward to the future, for I intuitively know the fragility of its claims, the insecurity of all hope vested in it, whether my child's education or safety, a job advancement, retirement, or whatever else. As a result, I leave today and live tomorrow.

In effect, I'm as good as dead, for living people walk around today; tomorrow doesn't exist; yesterday is no more.

This is the power of Christ: as I gladly expect his future return, the coming vindication of his people, I can rest at ease and with joy today!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...