Thursday, September 15, 2011

Waving the Flag of My Life Overseas

I just realized that while all other Americans were reflecting deeply on the events of 9/11, I was blogging about a Rabbi and his homosexual matchmaking fallacies.  Nice, Carrie.  9/11 was huge.  It's still huge.  I think it's really important to reflect and reconsider.

The thing about living overseas is that the cultural waves that sweep through in America are missed.  I often forget what date it is, what American holiday is coming up, and how to appropriately use English contractions.  There is good and bad about jumping the cultural waves instead of getting bowled over by them.  For example, we own nothing with Justin Beiber or Hanna Montana's face plastered on it.  That's a win.  The loss is when you have important events that transform and impact you as a person.

That's all.  Just wanted to acknowledge the day....and my glaring immaturity on such an important American event.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...