Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Day 2: Sometimes frogs ruin meditation

Day 2

This morning I made some significant meditation changes. I listened to this on Youtube. I have problems with a lot of nature sound meditation music because I get caught up in the scene. I notice the patterns of the seagulls calling out or the frogs croaking. I then wander off into where the frogs live and if there's a sufficient fly supply for his family. It turns into frog family reunions being interrupted by savage crocodiles.

This music is simple and void of nature.

I also discovered that I need to find God as I picture scenes. Me, floating in space, as I look down to earth. I try to mentally push aside all the narratives that could come streaming in and relax in the peace of it all.

I also put on noise canceling headphones to drown out the noises I clung to in Day 1.

I didn't ask God for anything. I didn't pray a single thing. I just sat and allowed myself to be in awe for 3 minutes. It was not without distraction this morning, but the music and headphones helped keep me present. I focused on the goodness of God in the patterns of a tide. Calmly ebbing to and fro as if being conducted by a masterful hand. I found my mind fixating on the simplicity of God's order.

This order is all around me, I just miss it in the complexity of my thoughts. This was a good step back from my mind and a good step forward in my relationship with stillness.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...