Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 1: Operation Loneliness

Week 1.


It's been a week since Brad left, which I realize for all those military wives, is pathetic and not worth mentioning.  For the most part, it's been a good week.  There have been a few bumps along the way, like the speed bumps that you think will be small but then you actually  hit them and it sends your neck whiplashing forward like you've just been hit by a semi.  Ya, those types of bumps.  But we've made it.  I'm trying not to look forward on the calendar and gaze at all the empty boxes still left to mark off.

I actually think that one of the hardest parts is loneliness.  I have found myself having very profound conversations with my coffee mug.  See, in our new city, I've only got a few people that I can call friends.  The past two weeks, two of those people have been out of town.  They come back this week, but I have realized how quickly I grow weary without community.  I've seen my head swivel as I look for someone else to receive the words "Mommy, I need..." I have watched myself start and not finish 15 blogs because writing about how I saw a bird take it's last breath and keel over in the street yesterday isn't really blog worthy material.  I just needed to tell the story.

So many of you have been incredible in your consistent emails and prayers for me and my family.  Those words on my computer screen have been a huge source of encouragement.  There are times I've been clinging to the words that you all have typed to remind me that we are not forgotten.

And...the birds are eating my basil again.  I don't want to have to drop kick a sparrow, but I'm getting dangerously close to having to do it.

Thanks for praying, thanks for writing, thanks for sustaining.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...