Monday, May 30, 2011

Hong Kong part 2

Blogger isn't letting me cut and paste at the moment, so the pictures are totally out of chronological order. For those math majors and orginization freaks, I am sorry that this post will not help with your OCD tendencies.

On the last day, there was a "Golden Mickeys" show.  It was in Cantonese, but it's not like Mickey and Minny are having nuclear proliferation talks.  We pretty much got the gist of what was happening.
Belle is my 5 year old daughter's favorite princesses.  She has never even seen "Beauty and the Beast", but Belle is her favorite fruity vitamin.  So, we looked all day for Belle and couldn't find her.


It had started to rain and we were standing in line to see Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella when we heard the rumor that Belle was around the corner.  We waited in line for the three princesses and then were going to head over to Belle.  By the time we got there, we were told that Belle was leaving to perform in the "Golden Mickeys" and that we couldn't go see her.  I just might have throw a bit of a tantrum because I could just see my 5 year olds heart breaking as the nice girl in the red poncho told us about Belle's little scheduling problem.  Yes, I was one of "those" mothers.  I hate these mothers. The ones that think they are entitled to special treatment just because their son or daughter loves something.  And in that brief second, I became one of those people who pitch a fit until they get what they want.  On her way out to the show, Belle was ushered over to the corner they put us in.  Despite my little scene, my 5 year old got to pose with Belle.  Her smile made up for any embarrassment that was caused.




To get to Disney Land, you ride this fun subway straight into the park.  And like any good Chinese tour group, we all wore baseball hats.  


Even the holdy things are shaped like Mickey.


Makaria was freaked out at first at all the characters and animals.  This was the first character she met.  That didn't help things much. 


Thank goodness for the sign reminding customers that they must be "sober and of good health" to ride the Tarzan raft.


We did the Jungle cruise ride.  Makaria entertained the entire boat as she screamed and cried at every alligator and zebra we saw.


We then made through Adventure Land with Tarzan's Tree House. The weather was overcast and a little cool, which made my husband oh so happy.  


Over in Fantasy Land, we ran into Tinkerbelle.  This is Makaria's favorite.  She was fun and had lots of spunk.  


We rode the Dumbo ride.  




And found Asian Goofy. 



This park is much smaller than any of the parks in the States.  But, it's also nice because you can do almost everything in one day.  Our kids are at the perfect age to enjoy the Disney in Hong Kong.  There is only one big ride, Space Mountain.  We rode that 5 times.  Besides that ride, our entire family could stay together and do the rides.  




Brad sacrificed one for the team and did the tea cups with the kids.  Some sadistic engineer invented this ride.  There is no way anyone over the age of 15 enjoys this ride.


We hopped on It's a Small World.  I will say that I loved zipping through the maze of gates that hold the lines.  I explained to the kids that in the summer, we would be waiting for a long time to get on these rides.  But, because we were there at a slow time, we only waited about 10 minutes for any one ride.  


My kids were fascinated at this ride.  They loved it!  The oooh'd and ahhh'd the entire ride.  


It's HK Disney's 5th anniversary.  They added a few fun things to their parade to celebrate.  


My 3 year old, is not slightly obsessed with Buzz Lightyear.  Everyday after lunch, he takes off his clothes and puts on his Buzz Lightyear costume.  Everyday.  I had to "forget" to pack the costume so that he wouldn't wear it into the park that day.


After lunch at the Starliner Diner, Buzz came by for a visit.  Kesed took Buzz's hand and said "Buzz....I love you."



This filled his cup for the rest of the day.


We did the Buzz ride where we fought the evil Zurg empire about 6 times.  


We spent a lot of our time in Tomorrow land.  It had all the space themed things and of course, Buzz.


Here's our sweet princesses.  These ladies have more femininity in one finger than I have in my entire body.  They signed Selah's autographed book and gingerly chatted with my children.  They made me feel mean and angry.  


We have needed to get out and laugh together as a family.  There was no school, no cooking, no flash cards.  We ate sugar and fried foods and got sopping wet in the rain.  I have to say it was one of our favorite days as a family.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...